Week 11 Post

 Final week     

My final week has come to a close at the Sanford Museum. My last week was very relaxed but still full of projects to finish up. I finished what I could of the directories and put it on an SSD so that the other Museum staff could access it. I also kept helping with the folding of news letters and worked with a few guests. 

Great Guest Encounter

My final day saw a measly 5 guests at the Sanford Museum but they were all great. One of the Guests was an older woman who brought her two grandsons. She was once a worked of the Sanford Student Museum and  wanted to know if we had received any of the items they had. I asked Savannah since she had known about the Student Museum and when she came out she said they had a few items but most of them were in the country museum. We did get out a Butter churner that is now used to spin raffle tickets. When the woman saw this she became emotional at the fact that it was something that she used to love doing. This was really sweet because it showed me how passionate the community can be about educating others and creating experiences for the future generations. Her two grandchildren were very nice and wanted me to walk them around the museum a little. One of them loved steam engines and even asked me about our steamboat exhibit. He asked me if they had gears, which I sadly had no idea. The other grandchild was also interested but wanted to look at the sports exhibit more. It was a great final day which made me happy and fulfilled. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductory blog

Week 5 Blog

Week 7 blog