Week 7 blog

 Assisting on projects

This week has been filled with some great projects. One of my colleagues was working on digitizing some business directories for the old Sanford air base. This air base was significant to Sanford and America because it trained a lot of World War II pilots. The project was started a few months before I arrived at the museum. I helped with piecing together some missing details and labeling the binder to be stored correctly. I have also been digitizing other directories to help speed up the museums digitization of records. 

County events 

Besides that, I have been keeping up with the Seminole County summer activities at the museum. We recently ran out of the pamphlets for the kids to fill out. I had to print out the pamphlets and fold them so that the kids would be able to continue their activities. We had a few of them come in this week and I helped one of them understand the puzzle. This week has been quite calm but still busy with projects. 

Miscellaneous events 

There were a few events that occurred this week as well. My curator had an interview for a small filmmaker. It was very cool to see someone be interested in the work that we do at the museum. The filmmaker was very patient with us, we were working at the front of the building with some guests and it got slightly loud so it may have ruined part of his audio. 

We also had another encounter with a distressed guest. She had come into the museum very emotional because she saw a bird dive into the water and not come back up. She said that it reminded her of her friend who recently passed. This caught me very off guard but I tried my best to console her the best I could. 

I have enjoyed my week at the museum and the experience has been very eye opening so far. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductory blog

Week 5 Blog

Week 3 Blog