Anticipation

As I wait to start at the Sanford museum, I decided to do some simple research of the museum as a way to get to know it better. At first, the Sanford Museum was established in 1957 and originally located in the Sanford Grammar School. The museum was spearheaded by Maud Mackey, a local teacher who wanted to preserve Sandford's history.  year later the Sandford Museum relocated to its current location, which was the residence of the city's founder, Henry Shelton Sanford. When looking at the website, I saw multiple collections of objects that are from Sanford. I am hoping to get hands on experience with different collections or at the very least learn about them and their importance to the museum and Sanford area. These collections are what makes me so excited to start because I would love to work with a more personal museum instead of a bigger one that may include collections from outside of their regions. 

Being able to be a part of the Sandford Museum is something I am eagerly anticipating. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductory blog

Week 5 Blog

Week 3 Blog